Qualify

Informations / bugreport / balancing / design / discussion area to Battleships Crossfire by Say_No_to_War, prior editors: Timber_Wolf25 and sked. To download it klick on Downloads in the Navbar

Moderators: Schtoepsel, Dr. Pöbel, Moderatoren

Should Qualify kick players after 5 games played and 3 games won?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 10

Qualify

Postby TheGayDutchMen » 08.01.2012, 14:55

Set max games to 5 please.
Do it as fast as possible.
Because right now..... well.. see for yourself how much qualify played and how much league played.

Thnx.
TheGayDutchMen
Fallen-Kings Pride

Re: Qualify

Postby Wan.Taz » 08.01.2012, 21:41

Hard to re implement the kick thing. Ppl will just again do mass smurf accounts.. But true a solution needs to b found.

On the flip side of it, bships has never had so much games ongoing: 500 or more games only for saturday and sunday!!
Wan.Taz
Galleon

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 09.01.2012, 10:13

Games have been filling up so fast!! But qualify is still qualify if you know what I mean... and the only way I actually get a kick out of playing that is by pretending to be a "feeding noob" e.g. laser, rocket pack, no hull/sail/wood with my normandier on an account I just made.

So yes, 5 games 3 win = hopefully more league play.

Du drückst die High-Heels aufs Pedal;
jetzt geht's so richtig ab.
CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby HackAR » 21.01.2012, 02:37

I suggest a different system for qualify: Qualified player get x points. Once their points drop below y points, they're disqualified. Once they qualify again, the points reset to x again.

What do you think?
HackAR
Normandier

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 21.01.2012, 14:59

Please specify how these points would be calculated? And wouldn't this just be discouraging already qualified players from playing league? i.e. I don't want to be playing Qualify every time my points drop.

I really don't see what the point of the points system would be. Players who prefer Qualify over League would just make new accounts and those keen on League would potentially get kicked out again.

On top of that, your "points" system is a solution to what problem?

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby HackAR » 21.01.2012, 15:36

Points are calculated like they are right now (for rankings). Right now all start with 0 point, and we can keep it that way. But if someone just cant manage a league game and can't win anything, why should other league player suffer? So I think it's ok to disqualify if someone drop, for example, 50 points below starting points (< -50).
Its not for players who prefer Qualify over League. But for improving the quality of league games.
For this idea to work best, we need all league player to get points automatically. Not the opt-in system we're running atm.
HackAR
Normandier

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 23.01.2012, 10:38

I will no longer be able to play league if that system is pulled through.

There is nothing wrong with being a bad player as long as you have a willingness to learn. Also, what about -ve points based on desyncs?? A few desyncs and I'd be out of league if I'm not in the -ve zone already..

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby HackAR » 25.01.2012, 00:47

Sure You'd be able too! You'll have to re-qualify yourself if you had a row of bad luck :)

Btw, desync shouldn't be punished, since its not players fault (unless you can trigger it somehow).
HackAR
Normandier

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 27.01.2012, 08:26

What about a player playing badly on purpose so he can continue playing Qualify with the existing account instead of making a new one?

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby HackAR » 27.01.2012, 14:14

There are always weirdos... What about player playing badly just to ruin the game?
There is no system no one can abuse :cry:
HackAR
Normandier

Postby I-Iuzzl3 » 28.01.2012, 10:53

I like this idea of having to requalify if you get too less points, there would be less people just leaving games when they have a bad team
and not every person that wins 5 games in quali could play in league forever

I mean even if noobs have to play 30games to win 5ones in qualify, they get qualified at one time and ruin the league games then, what's quite annoying
maybe the disqualify should happen at -100 points, and if you still fall under those -100 points because of lagouts, just play a few quali games until you have more than -100 again
this could probably be a solution for all the noobs ruining league games and if it's not as nice as we think this point system could just be removed again, so lets try it !

of course this won't prevent "noobbashers" from making new accounts, but at least the league games could get "protected"

I-Iuzzl3
I-Iuzzl3
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby HackAR » 28.01.2012, 12:46

if you still fall under those -100 points because of lagouts, just play a few quali games until you have more than -100 again
Actually my idea was: If you fall below -100, you're unqualified to the system. So you have to play your 10 Qualy games and win 5. Then the system resets your points to 0 and you can play League again.
We can do it your way, but then we have to give some points on the Qualy games too, somehow.
HackAR
Normandier

Return to Battleships Crossfire Developement