Asking for Merchant

Informations / bugreport / balancing / design / discussion area to Battleships Crossfire by Say_No_to_War, prior editors: Timber_Wolf25 and sked. To download it klick on Downloads in the Navbar

Moderators: Schtoepsel, Dr. Pöbel, Moderatoren

Asking for Merchant

Postby copsychus » 12.04.2012, 20:20

I just download 4.64 and found that merchant is hardly to play because tower can detect the invisible then when they detect , other player will notice my trader then they follow me and killed. It's difficult to play as trader if tower can detect the cloaking. If any one know how to pla y it and want to share , please let me know , thank you

Also, Reward and experience still same as previous one even it harder . . . and Captain Mission , it nearly impossible if the tower can detect.
copsychus
Bombadier

Re: Asking for Merchant

Postby el-trickser » 12.04.2012, 20:32

well other team knows that there is a trader after 6th mission and you shouldn't be near towers then
and only some towers can detect invisible units, so for the 3 towers near the mid its the middle one
and there is still a way to get past them invisible, but its a bit tricky

if it would be easy trading would be even more overpowered
el-trickser
Galleon

Postby copsychus » 13.04.2012, 05:06

Nope, i would say both middle one, left right of harbour barrack, and also the enemy main harbour can detect invisible units and it even harder if someone only target my trader. It something likes they stay at the same position to kill my trader only. Then How can i play it.

I really don't see people play trader for a long time and now i know the reason.

Also i think i found bug from Own Construction , if u buy and sell , you get 200 free gold without paying 400 gold. Wonder why?
copsychus
Bombadier

Postby el-trickser » 13.04.2012, 14:19

well you can go past the towers invisible
but only cartain ways
and i have never been attacked when going past the harbour to trade books for example
but you have to keep in mind that it takes about 1 second to get invisible
and of course people hunt the trader as traders decide games
el-trickser
Galleon

Postby copsychus » 13.04.2012, 14:26

Move to other post
Last edited by copsychus on 13.04.2012, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
copsychus
Bombadier

Postby Reiner.Zufall » 13.04.2012, 14:29

Yeah, thats about right. Only the big towers (round stonewall with round top) - 1 on each lane, 1 at the isle with the minor, medium and large ships and 2 at the entrance to main harbour can detect invisible. I am not sure about main harbour.

But you can move behind them on each side using the back route, only the one in the middle is stopping you then from moving in enemy territory freely.
If you are playing merchant and use the gold to push your team, you could ask them focusing on them first.
Reiner.Zufall
Trader

Postby copsychus » 13.04.2012, 15:44

That is the worst thing that i can't do because my teammate does not support me. I have to move on my own to break though their base. Then i move from the right side by passing back route [near the goblin base] , i found a problem with tower, it shoot me and my hp is reduced, then the enemy team know that i come so they move as fast as possible and killed me in front of their base.

If you can show me a map how to break though their base to do the mission , i'll really appreciate.
copsychus
Bombadier

Return to Battleships Crossfire Developement