League Reset on 01.02.2012 - Voting on Season 8

Informations, Report of abuse/maphack users, critics, suggestions,... about the official Battleships Crossfire League.

Moderators: Schtoepsel, Dr. Pöbel, Moderatoren

Season 8?

Poll ended at 13.02.2012, 02:04

1. Keep all as it is, kick people from qualify once they are qualified.
6%
2. Keep all as it is, but not kick people from qualify once they are qualified.
6%
3. Adding ranking to the qualify, so we have a ranked qualify - shuffle and teamleague only hosting over !clangame
12%
4. Like option 3 but with a modified formular for the ranking-qualify to get less points in "proteam" vs "noobteam"
47%
5. FFA (gobbos & desync risk, FFA-Style Scores?) and Shuffle for unqualified players with scores + shuffle and teamleague (teamleague over !clangame)
29%

Total votes : 17

League Reset on 01.02.2012 - Voting on Season 8

Postby Say_No_to_War » 30.01.2012, 02:04

Hi,
Season 7 will end on 31.01.2012 and season 8 will start.

Still its unsure how to do it, please vote in this topic.

Option 1:
Keep all as it is, kick people from qualify once they are qualified.
Option 2:
Keep all as it is, but not kick people from qualify once they are qualified.
Option 3:
Adding ranking to the qualify, so we have a ranked qualify - shuffle and teamleague only hosting over !clangame
Option 4:
Like option 3 but with a modified formular for the ranking-qualify to get less points in "proteam" vs "noobteam"
Option 5 (changed):
FFA (gobbos & desync risk, FFA-Style Scores?) and Shuffle for unqualified players with scores + shuffle and teamleague (teamleague over !clangame)
Last edited by Say_No_to_War on 02.02.2012, 22:37, edited 6 times in total.
Say_No_to_War
Pearl

Re: League Reset on 01.02.2012

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 30.01.2012, 08:11

Still unsure what to vote - someone else do the honours? :P

Looks like it's either keep things as they are or perhaps bring the FFA-league back?

-CurssseOfTheSea

Du drückst die High-Heels aufs Pedal;
jetzt geht's so richtig ab.
CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby Wan.Taz » 30.01.2012, 12:19

Hard to choose one of them. I try give my opinions.

Option 1: ppl will continue do mass accounts. Not viable option imo
Option 2: Fun gaming will b allowed too with this but still keep the shuffle to stop extreme noob bashings.
Option 3: Seems nice coz in any case actual shuffle games takes 9999 hours to start. A qualify with shuffle league + !clangame for tl should b enough. Dont think an alternative !shufflegame or something like that will b necessary..
Option 4: Can b nice too but be wary of ppl creating new accounts to pass as 'noobs' just to annoy the actual ex-shuffle league players
Option5: The format of Season 3 and 4 have imo been the best till now both in terms of number of games and players. Still with all the changes done this past year i doubt that this formula will work again..

Maybe delay the league reset for one week more just to allow more ppl to give their opinions?

On another note: is there something that can b done to automatically spoofcheck or not spoofcheck at all? its just annoying :)
Wan.Taz
Galleon

Postby I-Iuzzl3 » 30.01.2012, 15:35

hey

Qualify will always be played the most, no matter whether people have to create a new account or can play with an already qualified one.
In my opinion there should be points in qualify/ffa, because shuffle and teamleague get played so rarely that there's no competition at all anymore.
->option 1 and 2 -> ruled out

I don't like option 5 that much either, because there's again the fact that shuffle doesnt get played much, and with points in quali there will be even less shuffle games than right now oO

I'm just not sure whether to vote for 3 or 4:
option 3: if this is with shuffle too, there won't be stacked teams of 4mates in ts etc., what probably makes the game fairer for the most people
it would be like +1p for 1kill, -1p for 1 death, +0,25p for 1 assist, +0,25p for 1 trader point, right ? quite fair i think

option 4: still shuffle can be unfair, so if the shuffle puts 4 pros in 1 team against 4 not so good ones, there could not be games that end with +60 points for everyone of the pro team; also quite fair

If the qualify (or ffa) is with shuffle i'd prefer option 3, because the chance to have unfair teams isn't that high
If the qualify is without shuffle i'd prefer option 4, because this way people dont get 50+ points for a game against noobs

It might rly be a good idea to delay the reset, because by now 3 people wrote a comment and only a few voted

I-Iuzzl3
I-Iuzzl3
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 31.01.2012, 11:00

@Wan.Taz

Wan.Taz wrote:On another note: is there something that can b done to automatically spoofcheck or not spoofcheck at all? its just annoying

I never spoofcheck and everything works just fine. :) What's it for anyways..?

On further note,
totally agree with i-iuzzl3 on the mode-voting, but would like this new season to be put into practice without any delay since my 10 day holiday with speedy internet is coming up in less than 2 weeks.
Yes, yes, selfish reasons...I know. *Grin* :D

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby Say_No_to_War » 02.02.2012, 13:57

I agree that somehow season 3 had the most simple and reasonable system while in season 4 the FFA was loved...

- Maybe add a qualify with shuffle & points for all and a teamleague only for qualified. But thats against the older voting.
- Or just all open for all. But then we dont have leavergames instead of that nice shuffle games.
- Or qualify without shuffle but with points (thats what many people wanted) and a shuffle with points too (I dont know if if anyone will play it). And a teamleague which hosted manually over !clangame.

As for the points I though that increasing the points by the team-modificator variable:
Its Teamfactor * (rest of the formular)
Equal teams = 100% points (was 50%) - factor 1 instead of 0,5
Pro team wins vs noobteam = 10% (was 5%) - factor 0,1 instead of 0,05
Noobteam wins vs proteam = 500% (was 100%) - factor 5 instead of 1

I am expecially unsure about that last one. But this values could be changed later (with recalculating).

Another thing is to reset all data from the table exept the manual bans. Its a kinda huge table at the moment.
- games: 68,759
- gameplayers (1 game = 8 player = 8 lines) : 563,025

Reseting games & gameplayers & the auto-bans would mean that everyone who got banned for a too low stayrate can join again without getting directly banned again (exept he/she leaves / drops several times again). But of course many leavers could join again. Still its needed to give people a chance to play again, some maye got banned for a too low stayrate just because they dropped several times.
Say_No_to_War
Pearl

Re: League Reset on 01.02.2012 - Voting on Season 8

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 05.02.2012, 10:51

Hey battleships community,

How are people finding the new season? :)

-CurssseOfTheSea

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Re: League Reset on 01.02.2012 - Voting on Season 8

Postby I-Iuzzl3 » 09.02.2012, 13:54

nice :p
i like that we can finally see how many games we played and how many points we received
the only thing i'M wondering about is why the table says i played 8 games, because i played 28 since the reset xD
I-Iuzzl3

edit: i think i know my fault, i forgot to spoofcheck quite often
ofc i didnt sc in my game with 800 trading points >.<
I-Iuzzl3
Fallen-Kings Pride

Return to Battleships Crossfire League