Marauder Laming

Upload the replays of interesting games here. Anyone got a screenshot from an ultraikill? You won a game which was already (nearly) lost? Post your best replays and screenshots here.

Marauder Laming

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 18.12.2011, 08:03

Since Crossfire Replays & Screenshots seems to have turned out to become the Crossfire complaints section I'll just start here. :roll:

I've been getting fed up for some time now by 1 player in particular : swin.rus

No, this is not a rant about swin.rus, rather my concerns about marauding. I love you swin.rus - you are one of my favourite battle-ships + ex-clan players and I respect your skill in games if that doesn't sound all too cheesy. I've always enjoyed playing games with you - whether its against or with you. :P

The usual game goes a bit like this: Swin.rus gets a leaver or kick on his team. He goes for marauder *yawn* and gets his usual 20:0 k/d ratio bashing no matter how good the opposite team is.

Here's a replay where it didn't turn out so well for him and he got the thrashing he deserved. Yes, you had a "newbie" on your team swin.rus, but we all offered *peace* when you had that leaver. You refused and for the first time in quite some time it backfired. Serves you right if you ask me.
We also had a marauder, but nowhere near as skilled as swin.rus, who just takes the marauder bashing to a whole new level. Respect to you swin.rus. :D
And no - this just shows that you don't always peace especially if you think it plays out in your advantage. So please - give me a break - and don't claim you're a fair player who always peaces.

I do like you swin.rus and enjoy playing with you, but the marauder unbalances battleships to the extent where I'm considering stopping to play altogether until this is fixed.
If played right, (Yes, I've tried and don't manage quite as well as swin with my 1fps gaming condition), the marauder does rediculous damage!!! Not to mention the imba rear admiral that crushes any hopes of a freeze/flame counter to this overpowering ship.

Please, I beg you Say_No_To_War, remove the marauder from battleships because it completely ruins games and the whole concept of battleships: A team-game!
This ship is just one big ego-shooter that likes to dish out non-stop orb explosions so basically it's pretty much 1 player dominating the game.

BattleshipsCF is still my favourite WC3 game, but this is something that needs to change! Please, anyone who agrees, give me some support with this and voice your opinions here! In my opinion, the marauder should not be part of battle-ships anymore. Even if you'd halve the damage done by orbs it's overpowering!

When I join games I'd like to think that I still easily stand a chance of winning against stronger players such as swin.rus in the opposite team, but with all the marauding I just lose faith in that. There's no enjoyment in playing a game that you can't win. I don't mind losing, but if it's just going to be a bashing that leaves me feeling like a complete newbie then I'd rather not play at all...

So anyways, enjoy the replay or just check out the screenshots. Hopefully, this will be some compensation to what swin.rus has been doing to all you poor souls. :P
Swin.rus I like playing with you, but to be honest I'm already anxious when you are in the opposite team and you having the marauder just decreases my chances of beating you to 20%...You're one of the best players out there and the bashing needs to stop. Although I'm guessing it won't until changes are made to the game.

PS: I just checked the replay file it seems to be a bugged? It says -AFK next to most names and sailors stop moving after 10mins or so? Anyways, I'll upload it anyway. Maybe background programs are interfering!

About the picture below: Trireme, viking's revenge and cloudship all dead vs our humble combination of minelayer, 3k flamer and oc cc (which at that time had around 2.5k hp ^^). :wink:
Attachments
SWINRUS MARAUDER DESTROYED.w3g
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 599 times
MUTLI SWIN.png
MUTLI SWIN.png (1000.46 KiB) Viewed 17127 times

Du drückst die High-Heels aufs Pedal;
jetzt geht's so richtig ab.
CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Re: Marauder Laming

Postby I-Iuzzl3 » 19.12.2011, 15:24

yep, you're absolutely right
it's said that orb dmg gets increased when hit by a laser by 200%
so if you get lucky and manage to destroy 6 orbs with a laser and all do dmg to your enemy, then you do nearly 10k dmg:
6 orbs 500dmg each = 3k 3k*3 from hitting orbs with lasers= 9k 9k+500 (500 from laser) = 9,5k
of course it's quite hard to hit 6 orbs at once, but 3-4 isnt really a problem ( at least not for me and ofc not for swin ^^)

it's just too much dmg especially because the cd for this is at 35 seconds
another thing i want to add is that the explosion aoe isn't 500 as it says in the description, i'M 100% sure it sometimes damages the enemy even in 800 + range

please weaken it a bit, because having a good marauder on your team is often the key to win, even if your team is less skilled/experienced than the opponents

I-Iuzzl3
I-Iuzzl3
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby Electro.Freak » 19.12.2011, 18:13

I did not read the post fully out but i think its about the overpowered mauarader. PLs decrease the aoe from "infinite" to 500.
Electro.Freak
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 20.12.2011, 14:11

I'm still waiting for a reply from Gay. He wants the marauder to stay as it is.
It would be nice to have the other side of the argument! :D

Nerfing AoE for orb explosions sounds great. Perhaps a really low AoE and a LOT longer cool-down for orbs would make the marauder more reasonable.
E.g. it would only be really effective doing rediculous amounts of damage when an enemy is stunned and fixed in 1 position. Still an excellent ship to play, but it would rely a lot more on teamplay! Plus, you can counter freeze, but there is no real counter for marauder except for the other team also picking the marauder.

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby Fenris » 20.12.2011, 16:34

I have to agree on this, a single ship without any weaponary that kills a 7k and 2 other (non-Marauder) 10k ships on its own, that´s just lame. Thing is with that incredible splash it is impossible for other ships to share damage when one gets stunned and focused, cause if you do so, all of you die like instantly. And that is kinda ruining all the gameplay of a good crossfire match. This ship needs to be fixed badly, otherwise there can´t be a single good match anymore.
Fenris
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby el-trickser » 20.12.2011, 18:26

i don't know if i am correct but wasn't it ok before the last change?
because then there is no reason to get rid of the marauder in bships, then it only has to be changed back to how it was
el-trickser
Galleon

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 20.12.2011, 19:32

The Marauder has been like this since all this time its just that it was not played.

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Postby el-trickser » 20.12.2011, 19:41

as far as i know it has been changed when oc schtoepsel got balanced
i don't think marauder was this overpowered before :|
el-trickser
Galleon

Postby TheGayDutchMen » 20.12.2011, 20:50

Allright,

This ship has been fine all along, the only thing that has changed is; Maraude, AoE for laser hit on orb now increased; Shock Rifle: Range 2400 (was 1500) Range increase, that's it.
Schtoepsel was fine all along (before he changed the spinning from the old few secs to the minutes)
OC Flame was fine before it got lowered twice.
Pearl was fine before he lowered the fleet and the duration of it.
Sea Shepperd was fine before the stun got reduced by 1 sec
OC CC was Fine before the second bullet got a 50% hitrate (and even second bullet at all)
Seaweaver was fine before the onboard damage got decreased.
Rainbow Warrior was Fine before nebulars got lowered.
OC Freeze AOE damage delt was fine before lowered from 800 to 700 range.

I mean, look at it. Lower 1 ship and another ship gets overpowered.
I cant understand why no one still spotted that. Ever wondered why on the end of the game with four 14k ships diamond hulls etc couldnt kill each other?
Above explains it.
TheGayDutchMen
Fallen-Kings Pride

Postby Wan.Taz » 20.12.2011, 23:06

The range has been increased for laser hit on orb yeah but what is misleading here is that the AOE range is not 500.. I remember doing one orb+laser in middle (where sailors usually camp) and got creeps from BOTH sides due to the AOE.. This is just insane. You don't even need to wait for the orb to reach near the targetted ship to do a laser.. We can't have a ship doing that amount of splash damage..
Its like one Marauder is equal to 2 10k ships. or even 2 14k ships if i dare say it..
Personally i did not use it since the last few games where these games were already lost big time.. And guess what? We won easily each time due to this imbalanced AOE.

And Re:GayDuctch: I think all changes were good except for shep and oc cc. And oc freeze has not been used since some time coz last version oc schtoep was just THE oc to play. Its again fine to play now (not vs marauder though :? )
Wan.Taz
Galleon

Postby Seoman » 21.12.2011, 20:44

Yeah I totoally agree, that marauder should be changed...
The only thing which really makes it insane is the far too big aoe when u hit orb with lazer...
You don't even have to time lazer a little bit cause u get everyone on your screen anyway - an aoe which is bigger than the usual weapon range is just insane and unbalanced...
Seoman
Normandier

Postby CurssseOfTheSea » 12.01.2012, 22:28

Now that it got nerfed in the latest version I think its a lot more reasonable. Still a VERY powerful ship, but it actually takes some skill now to play with it... :P

CurssseOfTheSea
Galleon

Return to Battleships Crossfire Replays & Screenshots